Antigen Testing of asymptomatic children in class pods
where a parent/guardian has confirmed one child with a positive PCR COVID-19 test
result from that pod
(Pod= a set of tables where a group of children sit)
- Parents and guardians- please do not send your children to school if they have COVID-19 symptoms or if your child has a positive PCR or antigen test.
- Please phone and tell Ms Roz immediately if your child has a positive (detected) COVID-19 PCR test result.
- I will text all parents of a class where a positive case has been confirmed.
- I will personally phone the parents or guardians of the children in the same pod of the confirmed case and explain how they can get an antigen tests if they want.
- I will not share the name of the pupil of the confirmed covid case.
What you can do next
- I will give you the school roll number, so you can get a free antigen tests, should you wish: FREE PHONE 1800110055
- You will need to give your name and home address together with the school’s roll number to the Freephone number 1800 110055 to get delivery of the antigen tests.
- A box of 5 antigen tests will then be delivered to your address with instructions on how and when to do the tests. (a video will also be available online HSE)
- Please carry out one antigen test on the day that you get the box of tests, a, a second test 2 days later, and a third test 2 days after that.
- All children in the pod can continue to attend school as long as they have no symptoms and they do not have a positive COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result.
- Children who are well and have no COVID-19 or respiratory symptoms can remain in school while they are doing their antigen tests.
- You do not need to tell the school of the results of their child’s antigen tests.
Child from pod with Covid symptoms
- Please remember to tell the school immediately if your child does a PCR test and is positive
- Remember.. if a child from a pod with a confirmed case presents with symptoms, they should stay at home,organise a PCR test –HSE test portal and not use an antigen test.
What if my child’s test is negative?
- Important: Even if the antigen test is negative… your child should get a PCR test if he/she develops any covid symptoms
- Even if your child’s COVID19 test is negative, if they continue to have symptoms they should not go to school as they may spread other viral infections.
- If a Covid case is in your house all unvaccinated children less than 13 years of age must stay at home and get a COVID-19 PCR test on day 0 and day 10.
- Remember if your child has ongoing chronic conditions, e.g. asthma, allergies you need to complete the medical declaration available from Lisa at Reception
Freephone number for free antigen test