|Student Council Meeting|
|Attendance:||All members present|
|Last meeting||· Members are very happy with their new badges.
· The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a call to action. Members are aware of goals and feel we need to promote the goals around the school
|Decision making in classrooms||· How are decisions made in the classroom?
· Let’s work together
· Voting on topics covered in subjects:
-3 topics to vote on
-Every child gets one vote
-This could happen once or twice a week
· Relevant topics in the news to be discussed?- in consultation with the teacher
· Outdoor learning in better weather
|Children’s rights||· One right could be discussed in class
· It could be discussed during another lesson or on its own
· Student Council voted and selected
5th -6th Right 38- Protection in War
2nd-4th Right 24- Health, Water, Food, Environment
Infants -1st Right 31- Rest, Play, Culture, Arts
|Suggestion Boxes||· Members want to install proper suggestion boxes
· The suggestion boxes are anonymous and they are for all the children who attend St. Josephs to get their voices heard.
· 6 in total around the school- including the prefabs.
|Art Competition||· Members would like to have an art competition.
· To enter the competition you will have to come up with a positive message about being kind to others and decorate it.
· Any children who want to enter the competition can get a entry page from Ms Kennedy.